Depending on your needs, Dr. Ryan Hodges may recommend an orthodontic appliance to supplement your treatment. Orthodontic appliances are designed to aid in the alignment of your teeth and jaws so that you can achieve the desired results and enjoy a healthy and functional smile.
Some of the orthodontic appliances we may recommend include:
- Palatal Expander — This device is used to create more space in the mouth for your teeth. It works by gradually widening the upper jaw and is typically recommended for children while their mouths and jaws are developing.
- MARA Functional Appliance — This MARA functional appliance reduces overbite by encouraging the lower jaw forward and the upper molars backward. This fixed appliance is used mostly for younger, growing children and is worn for about 12 to 15 months.
- Night guard — This appliance is a type of custom mouth guard worn at night. It is typically used to protect the teeth from damage caused by grinding and clenching the teeth.
- Sports mouth guard — The oral appliance is worn while playing sports to protect the teeth, jaws and soft oral tissues of the mouth from injury. While sports mouth guards are often required equipment in high-contact sports, we recommend that anyone who participates in an athletic activity wear one.
- Retainer — Retainers are used following the completion of orthodontic treatment to help keep your teeth in the proper positions. There are several types of retainers available, and we will work with you to find the type of retainer that best meets your needs.
For more information about orthodontic appliances in Newbury Park and Moorpark, California, and to schedule a consultation at Hodges Orthodontics, call or text our office today at 805-498-1006.